Sales/Fundraising Director (Charleston, WV)
Sales/Fundraising Director, Charleston
Tracking Code: 5323-415
Are you ready to join an organization where you can make an extraordinary impact every day? Imagine all Americans enjoying ideal cardiovascular health free of heart disease and stroke. At the American Heart Association and American Stroke Association, we get to work toward that goal every day. Is it easy? No. Is it worthwhile? Absolutely.
This is satisfying and challenging work that makes a real difference in people's lives. We are where you can achieve professional growth with personal fulfillment. We are where you can connect people to making a lifesaving impact. We are where you can partner with individuals, schools, lawmakers, healthcare providers and others to ensure everyone has access to healthier lifestyle choices and proper healthcare. The American Heart Association is where you can make an extraordinary impact.
The American Heart Association (AHA) has an excellent opportunity for a Sales/Fundraising Heart Walk Director to cover the Charleston territory. Accountable for the implementation of 3 Heart Walk Events (Charleston, Huntington and Wood/Washington counties location) and the My Heart My Life Cause to meet and exceed the aggressive event goal of $320,000. Builds relationships with companies, customers, sponsors and donors. Works with volunteer committees related to event activities. Tracks progress and reports to Metro Executive Director to ensure goals are met and best practices are adhered to. This position is a goal oriented and requires strong sales/professional fundraising experience. Develops written plans including timetables, volunteer and staff responsibilities, income goals and expense budgets and seeks review and approval from Metro Executive Director. Builds positive strategic business relationships with key decision makers in the defined market. Implements a 3 year Walk business plan to maximize revenue and build brand identity. Responsible for recognition of volunteers.Reports on progress to affiliate management team as needed.
In addition, candidates must have the knowledge and demonstrated ability to successfully identify, cultivate, recruit, and maintain relationships with top level volunteers from identified companies; proven ability to understand and navigate corporate cultures to achieve goals; the ability to pass a satisfactory background check including motor vehicle and criminal history; the ability to close face to face sales and sponsorships; the ability to show proven success with achieving sales/fundraising goals. To perform this job successfully an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills and ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Possess strong selling and negotiation skills.
- Demonstrated skills in fundraising or successful outside sales
- Demonstrated skills in written and oral communication at all organizational levels.
- Strong volunteer recruitment and management skills, demonstrated ability to provide a high level of customer service and motivation to business and social leaders.
- Excellent planning, organizational and follow-up skills
- Strong computer skills, proficient with MS Office suite.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university preferred. College coursework combined with related experience may be substituted for a degree. Related experience may be substituted as follows: 1 ½ years’ experience equates to 1 full time year of higher education.
- Must have at least two years of experience in fundraising, outside sales or in a non-profit organization in a similar capacity. This experience may also count towards satisfying this position’s educational requirement.
To apply please visit www.heart.org\careers, or join our talent community No hard copy or emailed resumes accepted. No phone calls please.
At the American Heart Association | American Stroke Association, diversity, inclusion and equal opportunity applies to both our workforce and the communities we serve as it relates to heart health and stroke prevention.
So, are you ready to work for the largest voluntary health organization dedicated to fighting heart disease, stroke and other cardiovascular diseases? Click on “New Resume” (or “Existing Resume” if you have previously applied to AHA positions) to submit your online application. Only those candidates deemed most qualified by the hiring manager will be contacted to interview