Executive Producer (Charleston/Huntington, WV)
EXECUTIVE PRODUCER JOB DESCRIPTION
WSAZ-TV, the dominant #1 station in the Charleston-Huntington, WV, market is looking for an Executive Producer to supervise and showcase content across all broadcast, digital and social platforms. The successful candidate must be aggressive in driving the station brand, executing strategic plans and have the ability to lead a team of reporters, producers and anchors. The successful candidate will be a skilled show doctor with excellent news judgment, writing and storytelling skills.
WSAZ wants a forward-thinker who is passionate about innovation, understands industry trends and will help the station develop its news department of the future.
• Work with news director and assistant news director to develop and execute strategic plans.
• Co-ordinate content and presentation across broadcast, digital and social media platforms.
• Supervise news staff to ensure timeliness and quality of news content.
• Stay up to date with news industry trends.
• Review, copy edit and write broadcast and digital news stories.
• Facilitate the training of new employees.
• Enterprise and develop compelling stories and investigations.
• Work with other departments to meet news department and station goals.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
• Minimum 5 years of experience as a newscast producer.
• Degree in journalism or related field.
• Available to work evenings (this is an afternoon-evening position).
Send resume to:
Dan Fabrizio, News Director, WSAZ TV, 645 5TH Ave., Huntington, WV 25701. No phone calls please.