Sales/Fundraising Development Director (Morgantown, WV)
ARE YOU READY TO JOIN AN ORGANIZATION WHERE YOU CAN MAKE AN EXTRAORDINARY IMPACT EVERY DAY?
Imagine all Americans enjoying ideal cardiovascular health free of heart disease and stroke. At the American Heart Association and American Stroke Association, we get to work toward that goal every day. Is it easy? No. Is it worthwhile? Absolutely.
This is satisfying and challenging work that makes a real difference in people's lives. We are where you can achieve professional growth with personal fulfillment. We are where you can connect people to making a lifesaving impact. We are where you can partner with individuals, schools, lawmakers, healthcare providers and others to ensure everyone has access to healthier lifestyle choices and proper healthcare. The American Heart Association is where you can make an extraordinary impact.
The American Heart Association (AHA) has an excellent opportunity for a Development Director in our Great Rivers Affiliate Morgantown territory. The ideal candidate for this position will be based in the Morgantown area and will work from a HOME OFFICE (THE SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATE MUST BE ABLE TO ACCOMMODATE AN OFFICE OUT OF HIS/HER HOME) . The focus areas for this territory include; Belmont county in OH, and Ohio and Mongolia County, WV.
The primary responsibilities of this position are to manage two Heart Walks and one Heart Ball, with an aggressive fundraising goal of $300,000+. AHA fundraising staff are held accountable to these goals and are responsible for seeking top dollar sponsorships and/or multi-year contracts, and a minimum of 10 face to face sales meetings per week.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES:
- Managing a year-round fundraising campaign.
- Building relationships with corporate sponsors.
- Partnering with and managing volunteer leadership.
- Implementing, managing and evaluating events that bring together corporate partners, medical leaders, community leaders, and volunteers to raise funds and awareness for heart disease and stroke.
- The successful candidate will have the ability to train, manage, guide, and motivate volunteers to achieve objectives; to set aggressive goals with clients and staff; to plan and work independently; to lift at least 20 lbs. from the ground to waist level with or without reasonable accommodation, and the ability to travel up to 75% within the market, and minimal overnight travel, and work flexible hours.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university preferred. College coursework combined with related experience may be substituted for a degree. Related experience may be substituted as follows: 1 ½ years’ experience equates to 1 full time year of higher education.
- Must have at least 2 years of experience in fundraising, outside sales or in a non-profit organization in a similar capacity. This experience may also count towards satisfying this position's educational requirements.
- A proven track record in meeting sales/fundraising goals.
- Organizational and interpersonal and leadership skills.
HERE ARE SOME OF THE PREFERRED SKILLS WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
- Event management experience
- Attracting talented, committed employees means offering a competitive benefits package, ongoing professional development and training, and a diverse and inclusive environment in which to work and grow. And we do.
- So, are you ready to work for the largest voluntary health organization dedicated to fighting heart disease, stroke and other cardiovascular diseases? Click on “New Resume” (or “Existing Resume” if you have previously applied to AHA positions) to submit your online application. Only those candidates deemed most qualified by the hiring manager will be contacted to interview.
HOW TO APPLY:
If interested, please apply by accessing the following link: https://heart-openhire.silkroad.com/epostings/index.cfm?fuseaction=app.jobinfo&jobid=7822&company_id=16415&version=1&source=ONLINE&jobOwner=992279&aid=1&jobboardid=10815&utm_campaign=.JOBS%20JSON%20Feed&utm_medium=.JOBS%20Universe&utm_source=.JOBS%20JSON%20Feed-DE&src=grawvmincc&de_m=email&de_n=PRM%20Saved%20Search&de_c=Concord%20College
AT AMERICAN HEART ASSOCIATION | AMERICAN STROKE ASSOCIATION, DIVERSITY, INCLUSION AND EQUAL OPPORTUNITY APPLIES TO BOTH OUR WORKFORCE AND THE COMMUNITIES WE SERVE AS IT RELATES TO HEART HEALTH AND STROKE PREVENTION.