Vice President of Development (Arlington, VA)
Vice President of Development- Greater Washington Region in Arlington, Virginia
Tracking Code: 8175-415
ARE YOU READY TO JOIN AN ORGANIZATION WHERE YOU CAN MAKE AN EXTRAORDINARY IMPACT EVERYDAY?
Imagine all Americans enjoying ideal cardiovascular health free of heart disease and stroke. At the American Heart Association and American Stroke Association, we get to work toward that goal every day. Is it easy? No. Is it worthwhile? Absolutely.
This is satisfying and challenging work that makes a real difference in people's lives. We are where you can achieve professional growth with personal fulfillment. We are where you can connect people to making a lifesaving impact. We are where you can partner with individuals, schools, lawmakers, healthcare providers and others to ensure everyone has access to healthier lifestyle choices and proper healthcare. The American Heart Association is where you can make an extraordinary impact.
We have an excellent opportunity as a VICE PRESIDENT OF DEVELOPMENT for our Greater Washington Region (GWR) office. The candidate will report to the Executive Director. The GWR market is the top fundraising market in the Mid-Atlantic Affiliate, with responsibility for some of the largest special events. This position works with the highest-level executives in the GWR area.
- Operationalize the vision, management of staff, and implementation of strategic priorities, and volunteer and employee engagement plans.
- Manage an overall strategy for fundraising, managing timelines, and holding staff accountable.
- Prepare and manage operating budget.
- Responsible for meeting specific financial targets.
- Participate and serve as AHA representative at community and corporate functions that will provide networking and visibility opportunities and facilitate generating new business contacts.
- Proven track record in meeting sales/fundraising goals.
- Demonstrated ability to secure corporate donations through participating in and leading top level sponsorship asks.
- Demonstrated efforts to cultivate major donors, secure city-wide sponsorships, and recruit new companies and donors.
- Direct knowledge of special event fundraising tactics essential.
- Required Experience
WANT TO HELP GET YOUR RESUME TO THE TOP? TAKE A LOOK AT THE EXPERIENCE WE REQUIRE:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience.
- 7+ years experience in non-profit fundraising and volunteer management.
- 7+ years of managerial experience preferably with fundraising staff in a similar organization.
- Strong knowledge of the GWR area and surrounding area business, medical, and philanthropic communities or the ability to quickly become acclimated.
- Candidates must also be willing and able to travel frequently within the GWR area.
- Must have at least basic knowledge and skill with Microsoft Office products.
Click HERE to apply.