Sr. Director of Development (Glen Allen, VA)
Sr. Director of Development- Heart Ball/Go Red for Women in Glen Allen, Virginia
ARE YOU READY TO JOIN AN ORGANIZATION WHERE YOU CAN MAKE AN EXTRAORDINARY IMPACT EVERY DAY?
Imagine all Americans enjoying ideal cardiovascular health free of heart disease and stroke. At the American Heart Association and American Stroke Association, we get to work toward that goal every day. Is it easy? No. Is it worthwhile? Absolutely.
This is satisfying and challenging work that makes a real difference in people's lives. We are where you can achieve professional growth with personal fulfillment. We are where you can connect people to making a lifesaving impact. We are where you can partner with individuals, schools, lawmakers, healthcare providers and others to ensure everyone has access to healthier lifestyle choices and proper healthcare. The American Heart Association is where you can make an extraordinary impact.
The American Heart Association (AHA) has an excellent opportunity for a Sr. Director of Development for Heart Ball/Go Red for Women in our Mid-Atlantic Affiliate for the GREATER RICHMOND, VA AREA!
This position provides leadership, technical and tactical expertise for planning and implementation for AHA fundraising events and related activities. The Sr. Director targets and secures corporate sponsorship in support of our Heart Ball and Go Red for Women (GRFW) events and effectively manages event committees and sub-committees. The Sr. Director also provides effective supervision to the Heart Ball/Go Red For Women event staff.
- Coordinates, plans and implements activities and resources necessary to achieve Heart Ball/GRFW campaign goals and objectives
- Manages and persuades key community and corporate leaders toward establishing recruitment and monetary goals based on market potential in their role in achieving goals
- Develops a profile on the top 50 businesses in the assigned geographic area with a written year-round relationship building plan to ensure their involvement in the Heart Ball/GRFW event with a concentration on company goal setting and top volunteer development
- Establishes and maintains an effective database and cultivation plan for corporate prospects, donors, and sponsors in support of Heart Ball/GRFW events
- Manages Heart Ball/GRFW events to provide adequate customer service, trouble shooting, day of event logistical support and completion
- Provides expertise in our social event policies, procedures, and programs
- Supports corporate partners and team leaders effectively
- Utilizes existing national and affiliate Heart Ball/GRFW materials, products and recruitment tools
- Confirms thorough, timely and accurate data entry of relevant information including running and analyzing reports to support campaign management
- Monitors staff and identifies gaps in staffing and resources and fills in where necessary
- Collaborates with other AHA staff and volunteers as needed to promote and support local initiatives and to optimize the Heart Ball/GRFW market strategy and consistency
- Ensures the integrity and security of donor information and adheres to the Affiliate’s Special Event Cash Handling
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS (KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES AND OTHER CHARACTERISTICS)
- Extensive knowledge of the local business community
- Demonstrated knowledge of fundraising principles, practices, techniques and current trends.
- Demonstrated skills in written and oral communication, including large and small group presentations, group facilitation and training
- Experience in event planning, organizing, consultation, and volunteer management.
- Ability to recruit, manage and evaluate high level volunteers for appropriate utilization.
- Ability to effectively lead a small team
- Ability to organize and prioritize large events and multiple projects
- Ability to read, comprehend and analyze number goals and fundraising reports
- Ability to set aggressive goals with clients
- Excellent computer skills (including MS Office, specifically Word, Excel, and Outlook)
WANT TO HELP GET YOUR RESUME TO THE TOP? TAKE A LOOK AT THE EXPERIENCE WE REQUIRE :
- BA or BS degree or equivalent experience
- 5+ years of work experience, preferably in special event fundraising
- 2+ years of leadership experience
Attracting talented, committed employees means offering a competitive benefits package, ongoing professional development and training, and a diverse and inclusive environment in which to work and grow. And we do.
So, are you ready to work for the largest voluntary health organization dedicated to fighting heart disease, stroke and other cardiovascular diseases? Click on “New Resume” (or “Existing Resume” if you have previously applied to AHA positions) to submit your online application. Only those candidates deemed most qualified by the hiring manager will be contacted to interview.
At American Heart Association | American Stroke Association, diversity, inclusion and equal opportunity applies to both our workforce and the communities we serve as it relates to heart health and stroke prevention.
Click HERE to apply.