Assurance - External Audit Staff
What is meant to be part of Ernst & Young Assurance - Our clients trust our skills and knowledge, and that's why they often turn to us when they reassess internal control processes, evaluate the pending shift to international reporting standards, or even when they face major litigation or regulatory action. We are the largest of four service lines at EY and int he global Ernst & Young organization and proud of it! We audit more than 20% of the Fortune 100, America's largest US companies.
An introduction to External Audit - The largest part of Assurance - our External Audit team - examines and attests to a company's financial statements through financial and internal control audits. You'll learn about financial statement processes, key business drivers, associated risks and their potential effects on financial statements. And you'll have the opportunity to work in diverse global teams with some of the world's largest companies as well as up-and-coming entrepreneurs across more than 25 industries. Our External Audit practice is organized into two main areas - our geographically-based regional practices, which provide services to a clients base, depending on location, within the Automotive, Clean-tech, Consumer Products, Government & Public Sector, Health Care, Life Sciences, Media & Entertainment, Mining & Metals, Oil & Gas, Power & Utilities, Private Equity, Real Estate, Retail & Whole, Technology and Telecommunication, among others, and our Financial Services Office (FSO), which provides services to a client base within the Asset Management, Banking and Capital Markets and Insurance space. This structure is a differentiator in the market and allows candidates to choose a financial services industry preference early in their career - a unique opportunity within the public accounting industry.
What this means for you - A career in our Assurance practice will provide you the opportunity to develop a working knowledge of the objects of an audit. You will assist and collaborate with team members as you respond to client requests. Other responsibilities may include:
- Recognize potential audit issues or unusual relationships from basic analysis of the financial statements and communicate them to the team
- Challenge procedures used in the past and attempt to enhance audit techniques
- Demonstrate professionalism and competence in the client's environment
- Understand how to operate effectively in a regulated environment
- Maintain a strong client focus, be responsive to client requests and develop.maintain productive working relationships with client personnel
Position requirements - To qualify, candidates must be or have:
- Pursuing an undergraduate or graduate degree in accounting and/or and undergraduate or graduate degree with sufficient course work to achieve CPA certification upon passing the examination
- Actively preparing to pass the CPA examination
- A strong academic record, including, without limitation, course work that EY deems relevant to this position
- Flexible and willing to travel as well as work in excess of standard hours when necessary. The ability and willingness to travel is required.
- Proficient in the English language, including the ability to listen, understand, read and communicate effectively both in writing and verbally in a professional environment.
- Proficient with MS Office, MS Excel and MS PowerPoint.
- Willing and able to learn and work independently with minimal supervision, as well as take ownership and pride in work product.
- Demonstrated analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Effective organizational and time management skills with ability to work under pressure and adhere to project deadlines.
- Integrity within a professional environment.
To be considered for an interview at Ernst & Young -
You must apply through our online system at www.ey.com/us/apply. Select job description for which you are applying: Campus Full Time (U.S.)
Once you have completed the online application with EY, please email the Campus Recruiter at email@example.com.
To learn more about career opportunities at EY, please visit us at www.ey.com/careers.