Academic / Student Success
Partnering institutions provide full service to all students who are interested in attending classes at the Erma Byrd Higher Education Center. The following links are available to connect you to your residential institutions' academic student support services in an effort of providing tutoring, advising, and/or referral services.
Please click on the following link of the institution at which you are enrolled or are interested in attending to get information regarding academic student support services:
- Bluefield State College
- Time Management Schedule for College and University Students (download and print for use).
- Writing (Styles) Assistance:
- Additional Online Resources:
- A Systematic Method of Answering Multiple Choice Questions
- Use Your Time Wisely Using the Time Schedule Form
- Are you a Procrastinator? Take the Procrastination Survey to find out.
- The POSSE Handout for Objective Tests (plan, organize, schedule, study, and evaluate)
- 7 Habits of Highly Engaged Learners
- Using Your Textbook(s) Presentation
- Bloom's Taxonomy: What Teachers Expect
- Understanding Bloom's Taxonomy (Bloomstaxonomy.org)
- The Cornel System for Taking Notes
- SQ3R - Reading & Study System
- Flashcards as an Aid to Memory
- Improve Your Memory in Seven Easy Steps
- Midterms: Tips for turning midterm grades into stellar final grades
- Khan Academy
- How to Study
- Problem Solving Skills and Critical Thinking
- The VARK Questionnaire: How do I learn the best?
- 50 Amazing Online Study Resources for College Freshman