Traditional and Online Marshall University Graduate Degree Program Offerings at The Erma Byrd Higher Education Center
Marshall University offers the following graduate degree programs at the Erma Byrd Higher Education Center:
- Master of Science in Nursing (MSN). The MSN program offers five (5) areas of emphasis: the Family Nurse Practitioner (FNP) area of emphasis, Nursing Administration (NA) area of emphasis, Nursing Education (NE) area of emphasis, and in cooperation with Shenandoah University in Winchester, Virginia the Nurse Midwifery and Psychiatric Mental Health Nurse Practitioner areas of emphasis. Links to the descriptions of program emphasis are as follows:
Online and Hybrid Graduate Degree Offerings
Marshall University offers the following programs through MU Online that can be completed using the Erma Byrd Higher Education Center as a reliable access point.
Beginning the Fall 2018, students may enroll in courses leading to a master's degree in one of the following areas. Several of the programs are offered using a hybrid format that requires students to participate in course activities at a common time. All applicants will need to meet the admissions requirement for each degree. Some options may require a teaching license for admission.
- Adult & Continuing Education, MS
- Business Administration, MBA
- Counseling, MA Hybrid
- Criminal Justice, MA Hybrid
- Education, Elementary, MA - teaching license required for admission
- Education, Secondary, MA - teaching license required for admission
- Journalism, New Media Studies MAJ
- Leadership Studies, Ed.D.
- Leadership Studies, MS - no licensure required for admission for specialist major; Principalship track requires teaching license for admission
- Mathematics, MS Hybrid
- Nursing, MSN
Online Graduate Certificate Programs
Students may also enroll in graduate courses to earn a certificate in one of the following areas. All applicants will need to meet the admissions requirements for each certificate which may include licensure.
- Distance Dietetic Internship (not online, for more information contact Dr. Kelli Williams at email@example.com)
- Early Childhood Education, two tracks, one requires licensure
- Elementary Mathematics Specialist - teaching license required
- Instructional Technology & Learning - teaching license required
- Management Foundations
- Mathematics Through Algebra I - teaching license required
- School Library Media Specialist - teaching license required
- Teaching English as a Second Language - two tracks, one requires licensure
Graduate Admissions assistance is available at the Erma Byrd Higher Education Center on Thursdays from 8:30 am until 4:30 pm.
Dawn Surbaugh, Associate Director of Graduate Admissions, Erma Byrd Center Room W22. Phone: (304) 746-1906 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org