PHYS 420 Astrophysics and Cosmology
ProjectThis multi-part project will have assignments due throughout the semester. The project includes:
- reading and understanding a unique topic in astrophysics and cosmology,
- preparing discussion and visualizations on that topic,
- undergoing anonymous peer-review,
- generating a representative (topical) homework/exam problem with solution,
- and writing a summary review.
Picking a topic
Based on the historical/introductory topics we have discussed in the first part of this semester, pick 2 questions/topics you are interested in and would like to explore more deeply as a possible project. Keep in mind topics we will be studying throughout the rest of the semester and note how it ties into your topic/questions. Write a paragraph or two on why you are interested and discuss the kinds of questions you have or hope to address. Think about and present what experiments and/or observations you think are relevant. You will be researching these topics, not explicitly performing experiments.