The RTM Program works closely with our students to help them make the most of their time here at Concord. Below you can find valuable information for current and prospective RTM students. We also provide links to various Concord University Services.
Division of Social Science Scholarships
The Division of Social Sciences offers several scholarship opportunities for Department of Social Work students. Review the descriptions of the scholarships below. If you meet the eligibility requirements, we encourage you to apply.
Deadline for 2017-2018 Academic Year: October 3, 2017
Undergraduate Waiver (CCUS) Scholarship
- 2 awards each of $1140.00 for In-State Resident ($3210.00 for Out-of-State Resident)
- Eligibility: Social Sciences major, 3.0 GPA, non-renewable; student cannot have other tuition specific scholarship such as Promise, HSTA, DHHR, U564, or outside scholarships designated for tuition
Joseph Hatcher Scholarship
- 2 awards each of $500.00
- Eligibility: Social Sciences major, must have completed Freshman year with 24 hours and 2.5 GPA, be a Mercer County resident, and demonstrate financial need, non-renewable
Lewis E. Tierney Scholarship
- 2 awards each of $400.00
- Eligibility: Social Sciences major, must have completed Freshman year with 24 hours and 2.5 GPA, must demonstrate financial need, non-renewable
The Barnette Scholarship
- 1 award of $754.67
- Eligibility: Graduate of a West Virginia High School, Social Sciences major, current 3.5 GPA, remain in good standing with the university, must demonstrate financial need, and have an ACT of 21 or equivalent
George F. Moore Scholarship
- 1 award of $970.35
- Eligibility: Rising CU Junior majoring in Political Science, with a cumulative 2.5 GPA and 3.0 Political Science GPA, must participate in S.O.U.P. and SGA, community service, and have good standing with the university
To apply for any of these Division of Social Work Scholarships, download and complete the application below. Return the completed scholarship application to the Division of Social Science office (Marsh Hall 105).
For additional scholarship opportunities, visit Concord University's Scholarship webpage. Don't forget, the counselors at the Financial Aid Office are an excellent resource for information about paying for college.
Concord University Services Links
|Career Services||Courses Offered|
|Counseling Center||Financial Aid|
|Residence Life||Student Affairs|
|Student Support Services||Technology Services|