Sometimes what students need most is to know where they can turn for help. The Division of Social Sciences strives to provide our students with personalized assistance. Below is information for scholarships, degree progression sheets and links to a variety of Concord University services. If you still have questions, please contact us!
Department of Social Sciences Scholarships
The Department of Social Sciences offers several scholarship opportunities for our students. Review the descriptions of the scholarships below. If you meet the eligibility requirements, we encourage you to apply.
For additional scholarship opportunities, visit Concord University's Scholarship webpage. Don't forget, the counselors at the Financial Aid Office are an excellent resource for information about paying for college.
Deadline for 2017-2018 Academic Year: October 3, 2017
Undergraduate Waiver (CCUS) Scholarship
- 2 awards each of $1140.00 for In-State Residents ($3210.00 for Out-of-State Residents)
- Eligibility: Social Sciences major, 3.0 GPA, non-renewable. Student cannot have other tuition specific scholarship such as Promise, HSTA, DHHR, U564, or outside scholarships designated for tuition.
Joseph Hatcher Scholarship
- 2 awards each of $500.00
- Eligibility: Social Sciences major, must have completed Freshman year with minimum 24 credit hours and 2.5 GPA earned, be a Mercer County resident, demonstrate financial need, non-renewable
Lewis E. Tierney Scholarship
- 2 awards each of $400.00
- Eligibility: Social Sciences major, must have completed Freshman year with minimum 24 credit hours and 2.5 GPA earned, must demonstrate financial need, non-renewable
The Barnette Scholarship
- 1 award of $754.67
- Eligibility: Graduate of a West Virginia High School, Social Sciences major, current minimum 3.5 GPA, remain in good standing with the university, must demonstrate financial need, minimum ACT of 21 or equivalent
George F. Moore Scholarship
- 1 award of $970.35
- Eligibility: Rising CU Junior majoring in Political Science, minimum cumulative 2.5 GPA and 3.0 Political Science GPA, must participate in S.O.U.P. and SGA, community service, have good standing with the university
To apply for any of these scholarships, download and complete the application below. Return the completed scholarship application to the Division of Social Science main office (Marsh Hall, Room 105).
Progression Sheets offer an easy way for Concord students to track their progress towards degrees offered by the Division of Social Sciences. The Progression Sheets list required courses, prerequisites, GPA requirements and degree area of emphasis (if applicable). The Progression Sheets are available to download in PDF format.
Concord University Services Links
|Career Services||Courses Offered|
|Counseling Center||Financial Aid|
|Residence Life||Student Affairs|
|Student Support Services||Technology Services|