Student Health and Medical
Did you know that Concord students may be able to receive free health care in some instances? Here's where:
Athens Medical Center
401 Vermillion Street
- conveniently located adjacent to campus
- Services Provided:
- out-patient medical treatment
- Physician's Assistant
- office hours 8:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m., Monday through Friday
- appointment required
- All students must present:
- a current validated Concord University ID
- medical card
- current medical insurance information
- physical examinations and immunization reports prior to enrollment.
Accidents or serious illnesses that occur during hours when the Athens Medical Center is closed are referred to the emergency room at Princeton Community Hospital (approximately eight miles from campus), which provides 24-hour emergency services. All students receiving medical care from local providers must assume the responsibility of payment directly to the physician or hospital from personal funds or through their hospitalization programs.
- In case of serious emergency: 911
- Princeton Community Hospital: 304-487-7000
- Princeton Rescue Squad (ambulance): 304-425-3914
Students with computer access can find reliable, confidential information regarding reproductive health issues by visiting a 24- hour, fully confidential Web site sponsored by Planned Parenthood.
Did you know that Concord has an excellent fitness center right on campus for free?
- The Concord University Fitness Center is located next to the lobby in North Towers.
- It is free to all students.
- There is a variety of equipment to keep you in shape.
- The center is open in the mornings, throughout the day, and into the evenings.
Other Area Resources
Princeton Community Hospital: 304-487-7000
Princeton MedExpress Urgent Care: 304-425-7615
The Behavioral Health Pavilion of the Virginias (Psychiatry): 304-325-4673; 24-Hour Crisis Services/Inpatient Referral 304-325-4681, Outpatient Services 304-327-9205
Southern Highlands Community Mental Health Center: Crisis Line – 304-425-0122 or 1-800-615-0122
Raleigh General Hospital: 304-256-4100
Beckley Hospital - Appalachian Regional Healthcare: 304-255-3000
Summers County- Appalachian Regional Healthcare: 304-466-1000