Advising and Student Organization Guidelines
The up-to-date student organization handbook is now available. This document contains forms, applications, policies, definitions, and helpful tips for successful student organizations.
- Advisor and Student Organization Guidebook (pdf)
- Organizational Officers, Membership, and Advisor Form (pdf)
Student Organizations 2017-2018
Greek Life represents a large part of campus life here at Concord University. Greek fraternities and sororities promote scholarship, provide numerous leadership opportunities, and participate in a wide variety of community service activities throughout the year. CU Greek organizations also provide members with the opportunity to develop lifelong friendships that enhance their college experience.
Each of the Greek organizations is made up of unique and diverse individuals. Find a group where you can contribute your own abilities, qualities, and personalities. Involvement in CU Greek Life can be a positive contribution to your college days. It is an opportunity to meet new people, and make lifelong friends throughout the different organizations. Greek organizations also offer support and can make your college life easier by enhancing your academic, personal, and social development. Being a member of a fraternity or sorority can make all the difference towards enriching your years here at Concord University. Meet people, be yourself, and go Greek
Student Activities Committee
The Student Activities Committee consists of students and the Director of the Student Center. This group works hard to bring Concord great programming at very reasonable prices. Events include comedians, special interest speakers, musicians, game shows, free Friday giveaways, educational seminars, etc. All students are encouraged to join SAC to give input into the scheduling so that we offer a wide variety of interesting entertainment events to the entire Concord community. Contact email@example.com for more information.
- Spring 2018 Activities
- Winter Formal
- Friday Night at the Movies
- Groundhog Day
- Back to the Future
- Dirty Dancing
- Black History Month-Selma
- Comedian Glen Tickle
- Acoustic Concert-Christian O'Conner
- St. Patrick Day Duck Hunt
- Louis Paul "The Balloon Man"
- Diane Chittester
Fall 2017 Activities
Student Government Association
We, the students of Concord University, being fully aware of the responsibilities, obligations, rights, and privileges we possess as members of the Concord University Community, do hereby promise to maintain an organization to represent student interests, opinions, and actions at Concord University.
Check out the SGA website.
- The Student Government Association is comprised of 3 branches
- These three branches work cohesively to effectively give the students a voice.
- We hold our Senate meetings every Wednesday at 4 pm in the State Room, and any student is welcome to come and voice his or her opinion on business.
- If a student cannot make this time, the executives have office hours which will be posted on the outside of the SGA office located on the ground floor of the Student Center.
- Students are encouraged to get involved and participate in the student government because it shows the administration that we have a voice, we are concerned, and we want a say.
Pages linked under student organizations are not maintained by Concord web services. It is the responsibility of each organization to maintain its own website. Concord web services maintains the right to suspend, disable, or delete any out-of-date web site or any web site which has not renewed its contract for this academic year.
All organizations that are active on campus must submit a current officers and faculty sponsor form to the Student Center Office at the beginning of the fall semester. Organization information is subject to change.