Phi Alpha Delta
The Concord University Chapter of Phi Alpha Delta Pre Law Fraternity International is a professional organization that strives to provide opportunity and experience to aspiring Pre law students. Recently, our PAD Chapter has:
- Attended PAD's annual National Pre-Law Conference in Washington D.C. where we participated in the annual mock trial competition placing in the national top ten.
- Took a tour of the West Virginia School of Law and Georgetown University.
- Spoke via Skype wth Baylor and Richmond University
- Received valuable information from Richmond University, Washington and Lee, George Mason University, George Washington University, West Virginia University, The University of Virginia, and many others.
- Hosted a political debate between the Senatorial Candidates for the Sixth District of West Virginia.
Furthermore, Concord University's Phi Alpha Delta Chapter is a tremendous opportunity for fellowship and interaction with others having similar interests. Our Chapter is not limited to Pre-Law students; in fact, we currently have numerous Political Science and Geography majors, serving as members. We encourage anyone to get involved with Phi Alpha Delta and see where we can help you go!
If you are interested in Phi Alpha Delta, email Chapter President Polina Prokof'yeva here.
Phi Alpha Delta's Mock Trial Team
The Phi Alpha Delta mock trial team(s) is open to all Concord University students. During the fall semester, we meet once a week to practice trial advocacy skills and prepare for the annual Phi Alpha Delta Mock Trial Competition that is held in Washington D.C.. Although anyone may participate in the mock trial class, only PAD members can compete at the competition. In the past 2 years, the Concord University mock trial teams have placed at least one team in the top 6.