Students should consider the internship program well in advance of the semester of actual enrollment. Students can use the course listing SOC 450 with the CRN and other course information to register into this course HOWEVER the Internship Program Application and one page statement of purpose MUST be received by the Internship Coordinator no later than the first week of the semester the student is registered in SOC 450.
For any questions about the internship application process, please contact Internship Coordinator Lori Pace (email@example.com(link sends e-mail)).
1. Register into the SOC 450 at the same time you register for your other courses, or before the first week of the semester. Email firstname.lastname@example.org(link sends e-mail) for the Resource Manual & Internship paperwork, and to communicate about your goals for the Internship before the semester begins.
2. Complete Internship Program Application form and type a one-page double spaced statement of purpose. Please discuss what you hope to gain from the internship and how it relates to your career goals.
3. Email completed Internship Program Application form and statement of purpose to Lori Pace (email@example.com) or return to your Concord University Sociology faculty advisor no later than the first week of the semester.
4. The Internship Program Registration form will be completed and returned to the Internship Coordinator once the student has located an appropriate internship location and supervisor.
6. Students may choose to meter out their time consistently, or use longer shifts to meet the required hours. In either case, a weekly journal will be completed indicating overall hours for the week, duties and responsibilities, and represent impressions of the internship. A sign in form to provide as a “time sheet” will be completed the site supervisor and must be returned with the Employer Evaluation in a SASE (Self Addressed Stamped Envelope) provided by the student.