Title II Institutional Report Facts
Undergraduate & Master of Arts In Teaching Programs
- Additional Title II statistics regarding licensure or pass rates in West Virginia
- Additional Institutional Research for Concord University
Teaching and Learning Facts
- Concord University’s teacher education candidates complete a minimum 135 hours of early clinical experiences with PreK-Adult teachers and their students beginning in the initial education course, culminating in a Year Long Residency experience.
- 83% of Concord University’s Department of Education faculty have doctorate or terminal degrees in education. The Department of Education currently has 6 faculty members.
- Concord University’s Department of Education offers 14 initial licensure and advanced programs
- 45% of Residency II (Undergraduate) & Student Teachers (Master of Arts in Teaching Program) were hired as Clinical Teacher of Record ro completed on-the-job student teaching (2021-22 Academic Year)
- Concord University offers the only stand-alone Special Education initial licensure program in WV, one of few nation wide.
- Partnership with WV Careers in Education Program. High school completers receive 6-hours of education course credit
- 84.23% of CU Teacher Education completers teach in-state
- 98% of CU Teacher Education completers were ‘satisfied’ or ‘very satisfied’ with CU’s Teacher Prep Programs
- WV has license reciprocity with all states, excluding CA through NC-SARA. Through NASDTEC, 45 states have reciprocity with WV.
- Memo of Understanding with 10 service area county BOEs