Welcome to the Concord University Writing Center!
The Concord Writing Center is a place where writers of all levels and in all disciplines can meet with trained peer writing tutors to help them with their work. Peer tutors work one-on-one with writers at all stages of the writing process, from prewriting/brainstorming to final revisions.
How Can We Help?
For students, peer tutors are trained to help you with:
- Decoding the assignment
- Brainstorming ideas
- Organizing drafts
- Revision strategies
- Proofreading and editing strategies
- Providing critical feedback
For faculty, you can:
- Request a writing tutor to speak with their class
- Refer students to the Writing Center using this form
- Request group tutoring session/workshop on a specific topic
- Arrange a class visit to the Writing Center
- When you visit the Writing Center, make sure to bring your assignment and all materials related to your project.
- Tutoring is by drop-in or faculty referral and is typically held in person, though Zoom options are available. In-person tutoring will be prioritized over Zoom tutoring. The schedule for sessions (both in-person and Zoom) can be found posted outside the Writing Center at A307. Please email email@example.com for more information.
- Introductions and Conclusions – February 23 at 1PM
- Grammar Bingo – March 28 at 3PM
- MLA – April 13 at 4PM
Please check the Writing Center group on MyConcordU for more information about our upcoming workshops!