The Concord Writing Center is a place where writers of all levels and in all disciplines can meet with trained peer writing tutors to help them with their work. Peer tutors work one-on-one with writers at all stages of the writing process, from prewriting/brainstorming to final revisions.
How Can We Help?
For students, peer tutors are trained to help you with:
- Decoding the assignment
- Brainstorming ideas
- Organizing drafts
- Revision strategies
- Proofreading and editing strategies
- Providing critical feedback
For faculty, you can:
- Request a writing tutor to speak with their class
- Refer students to the Writing Center using this form
- Request group tutoring session/workshop on a specific topic
- Arrange a class visit to the Writing Center
- When you visit the Writing Center, make sure to bring your assignment and all materials related to your project.
- Tutoring is by drop-in or faculty referral. Tutoring is in-person, however tutoring through Zoom is available; please email email@example.com for more information. In-person tutoring will be prioritized over Zoom tutoring.
- The current tutoring schedule for in-person and Zoom sessions can be found posted outside the Writing Center at A307 or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.