Scholars of Distinction FAQs
What are the minimum requirements?
- Must have minimum 3.5 high school GPA
- Must have minimum ACT of 26 or SAT of 1240
- Must be admitted to Concord by Monday, January 30, 2023
Note: Not all students who meet the minimum requirements will receive competitive scholarships.
What is required if selected to complete the application process?
- A resume that includes any participation in school and community organizations, leadership positions, and awards or recognitions you have received
- Completed scholarship application — An email will be sent to eligible admitted students with the link to the application
- Concord University on-campus interview or arranged alternate interview
What are the deadlines?
- You must be admitted to Concord by Monday, January 30, 2023.
- You must submit the completed scholarship application by Monday, January 30, 2023.
What happens after the scholarship application is submitted?
Students who complete the application process by the deadline will be invited to campus on Tuesday, February 7, 2023 for an interview with a Concord University faculty or staff member. Students who are not able to attend in person due to physical restrictions should contact their Admissions counselor to set up an alternate interview. If awarded a competitive scholarship, it will replace all previously awarded Concord scholarships.
What are the requirements to keep the scholarship?
- Full-time enrollment (12 credit hours or more) each semester
- On-campus housing
- 3.0 GPA