M.Ed. Reading Specialist
Please be sure to select "Master of Education" on the Concord University admission applicaton
Reading Specialist Pre-Adult (36 hours)
Professional Education Core
- EDUC 510 Models of Curriculum and Instruction 3 hrs.
- EDUC 520 Educational Research 3 hrs.
- EDUC 530 Integrating Technology in the Teaching/Learning Process 3 hrs.
- EDUC 540 Assessment & Evaluation in Education 3 hrs.
Reading Specialist Content Coursework
- RDNG 510 Foundations of Reading (3hr)
- RDNG 520 Reading & Writing in Content Areas (3hr)
- RDNG 525 Literacy Research and Instruction for Culturally Diverse Students (3hr)
- RDNG 530 Reading Assessment (3hr).
- RDNG 550 Reading and Language Arts Instruction for the 21st Century (3hr)
- RDNG 560 Action Research in Reading Education* (3hr).
- RDNG 570 Reading Practicum (3hr) – course requires participation at a week-long summer reading camp at Concord University’s campus. Reading Camp is typically held at the end of June.
Course assignments/experiences will be completed in candidates’ employment classroom/location.
For more information regarding specific courses, please refer to the Academic Catalog.
All candidates seeking an endorsement from WV BOE as a Reading Specialist are required to pass PRAXIS II: Reading Specialist subject assessment test.