Listed below are some helpful resources brought to you by the Concord University Center of Academic and Career Development! Use these to find on-campus employment, internships, and more.
Handshake | Career Planning | Internship Resources | Self-Exploration and Careers
Mountain Lions – Are you looking for a job? Need something to do for extra money? This is the official Concord University jobs site for On-Campus, Work Study, and Full-time/Part-Time CU positions that are updated regularly: Handshake
Handshake is a tool that helps students find careers, full-time/part-time jobs, internships, on-/off-campus positions, and work study positions. Visit joinhandshake.com and get started on your job search today! For assistance regarding Handshake and student employment, contact Phil Lewis.
- CareerJet is a job posting site for the adventurous individual focusing on international jobs in areas from North and South America, Europe, Africa, Asia and the Pacific-Rim, the Caribbean, and the Middle East.
- CareerBuilder allows you to build an online presence by storing a resume without posting it. Sign up for job alerts and get online job search tips. Matches job seekers to tracking information in the database.
- CareerOneStop is a site sponsored by the U.S. Department of Labor and is a partner with the American Job Center Network. Site offers career exploration, training, and job postings as well as access to state job banks, employment agencies, job fairs, and information about military service opportunities.
- Coolworks : Jobs in Great Places is a hospitality- and service industry-oriented site with listings for adventure jobs in the Great Outdoors, educational jobs, conservation, and environmental jobs. Internships are available.
- Dice is the leading tech job site. Users can search highly specialized tech positions as well as niche tech positions. You can search jobs that are remote, require telecommuting, or even part-time, full-time, contract, and third-party postings.
- Direct Jobs is operated by the Direct Employers Association in alliance with the National Association of State Workforce Agencies. Postings are made by employers with links back to the employer websites. Diverse audience reach.
- Glassdoor is one of the fastest growing job listing and recruiting websites on the Internet. Site allows searches of job postings, salary research, interview questions, and connections to company reviews.
- Idealist known for connecting those who “want to do good” with opportunities to collaborate and take action. Jobs, volunteer/service opportunities, events, and internships are all available.
- Indeed is a popular local jobs listing site compiling jobs from newspapers, online job boards, associations, and company career pages for job and internship listings. Search by state, fields of industry, salaries, experience level, job type, and location. Free account available.
- Jobster is an AI platform that matches the right people to the right jobs, saving time for both candidates and recruiters.
- LinkUp Small, mid-sized, and large company postings from company sites. Updated daily – 3+ million jobs are always current with no duplications
- Monster highly popular job search engine. Varieties of jobs and career resource range for college students to Chief Executive Officers. Broken down into industry. Field communities like healthcare, human resources, and finance with dozens of others. Networking boards, job search alerts, resume posting available.
- OneDayOneJob features thousands of jobs and tens of thousands of entry level and intern positions, Browse by location or field of choice.
- PublicServiceCareers Includes resources for public service careers like salary trends and information on graduate degrees. Job board and database featuring public service leaders and details about their career paths.
- SimplyHired lists major job boards, company pages, online classifieds and other data sources for job and internship listings. Search by keyword, job title, geographic region, distance, and dat of listing. Suggests companies users might like based on previous searches. Lists most popular industries, companies, and job types by city.
- TalentZoo boasts a slogan of “awesome jobs, great companies, and hot talent”. Posts a range of advertising, marketing, design/creative, digital, and tech/web jobs. Also connects directly to Zlance, a freelance forum for short and long-term contract assignments.
- USAJobs is the federal government’s official job suite with opportunities in all fields of industry like mathematics and science, engineering, human resources, business, finance, social science, technology, public health. and public policy. Users are also able to search worldwide within any country that is advertising a current vacancy.
- Work for Good and tier mission is to help purpose-driven organizations and talented professionals connect. Users can search jobs and paid internships by focus areas such as social responsibility or youth development, experience level, job-function, and more.
- ZipRecruiter lists over 8 million jobs and allows users to apply with one click and receive updated alerts during the entire application process. Partners with nearly 1,000+ specific job boards resulting in a catalog of job listings for all job seekers.
- Federal Internships, The Washington, DC Job Source provides links to internship opportunities available in Federal agencies or departments of the Federal Government. Links are also available to all U.S. Senate and U.S. House of Representatives offices offering internships in either their home state offices or Washington, D.C. Other links to state, county, and city jobs are also available.
- Intern Queen provides an internship search and blog features for students and recent graduates.
- Intern Jobs asks college and high school students to register first but also offers tips for successful internships and for working the internship into a job.
- WayUp is an internship and job site that uses your school and major to identify internships. Resources for resume writing, cover letters, and interviewing skills are available.
- Internship Applicant and Employer Internship Sponsor Information is the page for Student Internship Applicants to post their information and for interested employers to submit information about what Internships they want to offer.
Self-Exploration and Careers
For more information, stop by our office in the Jean & Jerry Beasley Student Center Suite 1 (ground floor – past FoodLab by Subway Stage)