The Concord University Fitness Center, located in North Towers, has a variety of exercise equipment to meet the needs of our campus community. Free weights, Matrix machines, treadmills, and exercise bikes are available for every kind of work out from high impact to low impact. The Fitness Center staff is always available to help anyone with their workout routines and provide instruction on the proper use of the equipment and the facility. The Fitness Center is open to the entire Campus Community as well as to the Public and is completely free of charge.
- Appropriate athletic wear is REQUIRED. Clothing with exposed rivets, buttons, zippers and other metal parts are not permitted. (Fitness Center staff have the authority to make decisions on apparel.)
- Appropriate footwear is REQUIRED. Boots, sandals, flip flops, and open toed footwear are not permitted.
- All Matrix equipment is to be used properly. Improper use of equipment such as adding barbells to the nautilus machines is prohibited.
- Rough housing and abuse of equipment is prohibited and can result in loss of priviledge to use the Fitness Center.
- Proper hand wear is required for the heavy bag and the speed bag. No bare handed use of the bags is allowed.
- Patrons are encouraged to bring a full length towel (24”x48”) for use during their work out.
- Patrons are encouraged to clean the equipment after every use. Cleaning towels are provided by the Fitness Center Staff.
- Olympic Style lifts (cleans, snatches, and jerks) as well as any other dangerous workout procedures are prohibited.
- Possession or consumption of drugs and/or alcoholic beverages, including public intoxication is prohibited.
Fitness Equipment Available
- Recumbant Bikes
- Upright Bikes
- Leg Press Machine
- Seated Leg Curl Machine
- Leg Extension Machine
- Abdominal Machine
- Back Extension Machine
- Tricep Extension Machine
- Bicep Curl Machine
- Lateral Pulldown Machine
- Seated Row Machine
- Lateral Raise Machine
- Dip/Chin Assist Machine
- Rear Delt/Fly Machine
- Vertical Chest Press Machine
- Cable Crossover Machine
- Power Rack Free Weights with up to 350 lbs and chin up bar
- Dumbell area with a variety of dumbells, 5lbs to 100lbs with a variety of benchless including incline.
- Kettle Bells - Variety from 10-40lbs
- Medicine Balls - Variety - 5 to 30lbs
- Adjustable Aerobic Stepper
- Speed Bag Platform with Bag and Gloves
- Heavy Bag Platform with Bag and Gloves
- Variety of Exercise Mats
- Exercise Bands - Rubber Stretch bands used in variety of exercises
- Jump Ropes
- Floor Rollers for Abdominals and Chest
Phone Number: 304-384-5310
The Fitness Center is closed until futher notice